web stats analysis

Tuesday, September 22, 2009

Gibbon's Secrets - Chapter 26 - Lt. Jack Shaunesey' Special Assignment - 1942

Jack drove to the Kearney Army Air Field soon after the new commanding officer, Major V.B. Trevellyan, arrived.

Jack was introduced to Major Trevellyan by his orderly and the Major said, "Welcome to Kearney Army Air Base, Lt. Shaunesey.  What can I do for you?"

Jack said, "I have been trained by the FBI for a special project here in mid-Nebraska, and my commander ordered me to meet with you and explain my assignment."  Major Vick Trevellyan said, "Let's go in the conference room, and I'll have my orderly bring us some coffee."

"My commander advised me to give you this letter which will explain totally the area of my training by the FBI, and my responsibility to protect key government facilities in Central Nebraska.  I will be working on the perimeter of these facilities, and with the security in place we will be protecting them from  the outside.  I would like to be introduced to your officer in charge of security.  Together we can plan and coordinate our efforts to better protect this facility for you.  It is not our intention to interfere with your security measures already in place, but to compliment them from the outside."

Author's Footnote-
This was a very good example of how local law enforcement agencies were working directly with government facilities security groups.  This combination of internal and external security was happening all across our great country to protect the government agencies from spies and terrorist attacks.   Just think about the security that is going on today for the same reasons!   

No comments:

Post a Comment