web stats analysis

Wednesday, November 25, 2009

Forward from "Gibbon's Secrets"

Many of the incidences in this story are true, but there are also some, although strictly fictional, definitely are appropriate for the time frame of the 1940's.  Many of the individual characters in the story were truly a part of this story but some of them are fictional, and their resemblance to actual individuals is strictly coincidental.  Some of the names have been purposely changed or added to the story to complete the fictional picture.

With the 'Great Depression' nearing its end, and the war in Europe appearing to be getting stronger, the small town of Gibbon, in the middle of Nebraska, acquired a look of change.

This introduction to "Gibbon's Secrets" in my Forward hopefully sets the tone for the readers to understand the setting of the story - the 1940's - the home front during World War II.  My father left me three scrap books containing clippings from local newspapers during the war, and through them I developed a "true" World War II time line of various battles or happenings during each year - starting in 1940 and ending in 1945.  I felt that it would supply my readers a taste of the World War II history which we should never forget or try to distort.  I was also given the opportunity to share Frank Chambers' experiences before going overseas plus his time during the "Battle of the Bulge".  Frank's experiences are detailed in the Postscript toward the end of the book.  I invite anyone reading this blog to check out the availability of my book on my web site www.budsbooks.com.

No comments:

Post a Comment